Renewable Energy Sources
Your company may require the services of a reliable advisor in Greece for legal and tax matters relating to photovoltaic, wind energy and biogas projects. Or you may be planning to expand your activities in Greece through the purchase of existing renewable energy projects and you need an experienced team for support not only during the transfer of projects or their management companies, but also in all aspects of their day-to-day operation.
Our team in the Renewable Energy Sources (RES) department provides comprehensive support during the transfer of existing renewable energy projects or the companies managing them, as well as in all aspects of their daily operation.
We advise you on all legal matters pertaining to the development, construction and operation of RES projects, including their purchase or sale, and we place at your disposal an experienced team of specialist lawyers. Our advisory services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support during the implementation of projects in the RES sector (wind parks, photovoltaic systems, biogas installations, hydroelectric and solar thermal systems)
- Support during the licensing process
- Due diligence prior to the transfer of existing projects or management companies, particularly with regard to the exploitation rights of each project, as well as any particularities of the management company and its holdings from the viewpoint of corporate law.
- Preparation and drafting of contracts (public and private)
- Support and representation during contract negotiations, from the Letter of Intent through to signing and closing, with particular importance attached to fulfilment of conditions precedent
- Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) contracts to ensure proper design and construction of the project
- Confidentiality agreements
- Support in all types of negotiations
- Filing of applications and complaints to the Regulatory Authority for Energy as well as to other authorities and network operators (Hellenic Electricity Distribution Network Operator and the RES Market Operator)
The experienced team of AP & Generalis are at your disposal at any time, ready to provide their specialist and bespoke advice at our offices in Athens and Berlin, and of course by telephone or video conferencing (Teams, Zoom, Skype).